Peter has over 25 years of experience as a mining engineer in technical and management roles for mining companies, contractors and consultants in a range of methods and commodities. He currently works as an independent consultant through his own company Capital Mine Consulting Pty Ltd. His recent consulting work includes over 50 studies in the last ten years; from brief reviews to bankable feasibility studies.
Experience highlights include:
- LOM plan review and recommendations for sale of a major underground Pt-Pd mine in Montana, USA.
- Preparation of a tender submission for the life of mine of an Australian zinc operation for a large underground mining contractor.
- PFS for a 2Mtpa sub-level cave copper deposit in Zambia.
- Preparation of Ore Reserves for a WA iron ore miner, long term pit sequencing and scheduling using MineMax and review of projects
- Compilation and drafting of a complete feasibility study report for a tungsten mine in UK with contributions from multiple consultants.
- Mining feasibility studies and cut-off grade study for a European copper gold mine and drafting of 43- 101 technical reports.
- Completion of pfs and subsequent mining feasibility study for a 2 Mtpa, deep Australian gold mine including the evaluation of shaft hoisting.
- Managing a review and evaluation of feasibility studies and the drafting of tender documents in Spanish and English and the tendering of a mining contract for a significant polymetallic underground mine in Spain.
- Completion of a mining pre-feasibility study and economic analysis for; 0.3 Mtpa underground narrow vein gold copper mine in Mexico, 0.3 Mtpa open pit and underground gold mine in Western Australia,0.3 Mtpa open pit and underground copper mine in Western Australia and a 2 Mtpa underground uranium mine in Australia
- A range of scoping studies including; 3 Mtpa underground magnetite mine in Norway, 0.5 Mtpa narrow vein gold mine in Ghana, 2 Mtpa sublevel cave nickel mine in WA, 10 Mtpa block caving copper mine in Romania, 5 Mtpa sublevel caving copper mine in Poland, 2 Mtpa room and pillar uranium mine in Hungary and a 2 Mtpa open stope uranium mine for major resource company.
- Creation of an economic filtering method for a significant US mining company to evaluate prospects worthy of further analysis.
- Independent Engineer for an underground nickel mine in Africa on behalf of a British bank.
- Valuation of;
- A medium sized underground mine and associated assets for a junior bidder in WA
- a narrow vein gold mine in Victoria for inclusion in a target’s statement for a merger
- a 1Mtpa copper mine in NSW for inclusion in a target’s statement for a merger
- various assets of a significant Canadian gold mining company on behalf of a potential buyer.
- Economic review of;
- a 1 Mtpa gold mine in Peru for a potential buyer
- a 0.4 Mtpa copper mine in Africa to validate owners costs
- various magnetite and copper projects in Australia and Mongolia for a significant US mining company.
- Life of mine study for a 0.5 Mtpa underground gold mine in WA.
- Drafting tender documents for a New Zealand gold mine and selection of a mining contractor.
- Project engineer for a mining contractor, managing the bidding of twenty mining tenders to meet submission deadlines.
- Contract engineer managing production for a WA gold mine experiencing significant seismicity, and managing the drill and blast operations for a 2 Mtpa sublevel cave operation.
- Underground manager and alternate underground manager of significant WA gold mines, including the management and control of underground contracts to the value of $2M/month.
- Estimator with major underground contactor involved in successful bidding of three substantial underground mining contracts.
Peter holds a Bachelor of Engineering (Mining Engineering) from Curtin University, a First Class Mine Managers
Certificate (WA), and a Certificate of Business and Technology from the University of New South Wales. Peter is also a fellow of the AusIMM.